The following letter can be easily copied / pasted into your favorite word processor or email program for editing. The Official Amend It sample Letter to your Congressperson is also available to download HERE.
Dear Senator / Representative (last name):
The “Amend It Resolution” to amend the US Constitution has been authored and presented by Senator Mike Gravel, and the Resolution’s sole purpose is to Federally deschedule Cannabis. The initiative is now being promoted by the management team at AmendIt.US – a 501c4 California Social Welfare Organization, and it can been seen on the Official Website www.AmendIt.us
As a voter and a constituent, I strongly urge you to investigate what it takes to amend the US Constitution and see how the State Convention Method works, considering it has only been used once in American history.
I urge you to support the Amend It Resolution and help see to it that it’s ratified in (your State).
I urge you to speak out to your constituents, social media followers and the Press about the mission of Amend It and the many benefits of ratifying the Amend It Resolution, to include:
- Patients allowed to access to life-changing and life-saving medicine
- Recreational users allowed to do what 60+% of voting Americans support
- The Resolution contains no other legislature whatsoever
- Federal, State & Local governments can regulate themselves
- Federal, State & Local governments can charge legal taxes
- Cannabis related banking problems would be eliminated
- Doors open wide for scientific research & studies
- Creation of businesses & jobs
- Investment opportunities
- Jails could be used for better purposes than to lock up marijuana “offenders”
Thank you for your consideration of my viewpoint on this matter, as I absolutely believe that descheduling & legalizing Cannabis is a very important issue both federally and locally. I would like to see the success of Amend It’s mission to deschedule Cannabis in America.
Please also see: The Benefits of Marijuana Legalization and Regulation / Berkeley Journal of Criminal Law
(Your Phone Number)
(Your Email Address)